Celebrate your inner boho by creating an effortless Bohemian-inspired hairstyle. From long, loose braids to intricate, layered updos, bohemian braided styles will bring out your inner beauty and add a touch of whimsy to your look. Whether you prefer something simple and classy or something wild and romantic, there’s a boho hairstyle for you.
1. Unleash Your Inner Boho with Bohemian Braided Hairstyles
Why settle for ordinary hairstyles, when you can unleash the beauty of bohemian braids? Unlike regular hairstyles, gorgeous boho-braids offer chic, yet creative flair. Dare to step out of your comfort zone, and try out these intriguing, easy-to-do braided hairstyles!
- Half-up Half-down Crown Braid: This romantic style combines a loose ponytail with a French-braided crown. To achieve this boho-braided bun, take two sections of hair near your temples, French braid each side, and then gather them at the back of your head. Secure the two parts of the braid with an elastic band, and you have a beautiful half-up crown braid!
- Fishtail Braid: The fishtail braid is a sophisticated and elegant style that looks more complicated than it is. For this boho-braided hairstyle, simply part the hair in the middle and start a traditional fishtail braid. To add a more boho vibe, lightly tug the edges of the braid to give it an effortless, wispy look.
Boho-braids are also perfect for long braids too. From a classic three-strand braid to a romantic waterfall braid, the possibilities are endless. Experiment with different colors and accessories for added flair. With so many unique and daring hairstyles to choose from, the options are limitless!
With boho-braids becoming the most fashionable styles in the industry, now is the time to unleash your inner boho and create a beautiful and trendy hairstyle. From everyday styles to featured looks, grab some elastics, beads, and a brush, and you’re ready to create your perfect boho-braided hairstyle!
2. Letting Your Hair “Roam Free” – Easy Boho Braiding Techniques
No need for detailed up dos to get your desired bohemian look. Let your tresses bring out the free-spiritedness with these intricate and effortless braiding techniques.
Take your pick from the list below for some quick-fix boho styling!
- Glam Bohemian Braid – Ideal for day to night transitioning. Comb your hair into a center-parted high ponytail. Split the ponytail into three equal strands for a French braid. Smooth the braid for a neat look. Secure the end with a hair tie.
- Surfer Girl Braid – Go easy on your oceanside look with this chunky braid. Section out a front poof. Part the remaining locks into two sections. Take the back section and divide it into three parts and cross them as you would a regular braid. Pull the strands to make the braid more loose and embrace the messy waves.
- Crown Braid – A sure shot way to be the talk of the evening. Part the hair into two sections from the ear to the other. Then, form two Dutch braids on either sides. Bring the braids around towards the nape of the neck. Join the ends together, and gather your hair in the middle of your head. Tie a secure knot.
Well, you got your go-to braids for all boho needs. With this guide up your sleeve, you are all set for a wild boho ride. Go on fellow explorer, leave the mundane routine behind and embrace your fashionably free-loving style!
3. Perfecting the Tousled Look: Rocking No-Fuss Bohemian Braid Styles
The messy, tousled braid is the perfect weekend hairstyle – an effortless and no-fuss look that provides an elevated take on basic braids. It’s a playful style that looks just as perfect on its own as it does combined with other casual hairstyles like a twisted low pony or a bun.
To start experimenting with this carefree style, you’ll need a brush and some texturizing cream. Begin by applying the cream to damp or dry hair, then taking sections of your hair and loosely braiding along. Once an entire section has been braided, tug lightly on it to loosen up the braids. Continue this same process with the other sections, making sure the braids are nice and messy, but still neat. Once you’ve gone through your entire head, you can twist the two sides of your hair into one braided section or simply leave them as individual braids.
- Finish off with a hairspray to add a bit of extra hold and a soft shine.
- Add a pop of glitter in a few sections to switch up the look.
For an even more relaxed bohemian look, attach a braided headband to a single side braid. This style is ideal for any day of the week, and it easily transitions from day to night. Whether completing your casual outfit, adding a bit of glam, or going for a more natural boho look, these braids are sure to turn heads.
4. Our Pick of Bohemian Braided Hairstyles to Try Now
Give your hair an ethereal look with a classic fishtail braid. Ideal for medium-length and long hair, this quaint and simple hairstyle looks equally great with a laidback beachy style as well as a polished and dressy ensemble. Perfect to run errands with friends or head for a romantic weekend getaway, this versatile style is easy to achieve and looks great all day.
The Boho Bun
Combining the boho style with the classic bun, this is one of our favorite hairstyles for Bohemian locks. Whether you have a neat or messy bun, make sure that you spritz some beach or sea salt spray for that effortless windblown look. Perfect to wear while on vacation, the boho bun looks really whimsical with a delicate flowy maxi dress and sun-kissed cheeks.
Give your hairdo an edgy touch by pairing your braids with side-swept bangs. This hairstyle is perfect for those with bottom-heavy layered haircuts and bangs that look good swept to the side. Give it a try during a beach picnic with cufflinks and an oversized shirt and skirt combo. You’ll be sure to turn heads with this look.
Indulge your inner boho muse by styling your locks into a braided ponytail. Whether you decide to go for a side-swept braid or a full braid with a ponytail, this look is perfect for formal occasions. Accessorize with statement earrings or a headscarf for a pop of color. Best of all, this hairstyle can stay in place all night, giving you that dreamy and whimsical look for the evening.
5. Boho Beauty Comes Easy – Put a New Spin on Your Braided Hair Style
Are you ready to give your braided hair style a new spin? With boho beauty, it can be easy!
- Change up the size. Smaller braids or intertwined pieces will have a major impact on the aesthetic.
- Add accessories. Hair clips, ribbons or bands – mix and match to make your style unique.
- Accessorize with fresh and colorful blooms. They can instantly brighten any look, no matter the size or shape.
Be your own kind of boho! With boho beauty, it’s all about being creative and bringing out your individual style. Whether you go for small intricate braids or choose to keep it simple, having a unique braided hair style can help you stand out and show off your style. Have some fun with it and let out your inner beauty, boho style!
Grow your boho braided hair style by experimenting with different colors, shapes and sizes – you’re sure to find the perfect look. So don’t be afraid to put a new spin on your braided hair style with some boho beauty!
Take the time to experiment with some of these bohemian braided hairstyles and see for yourself why they are considered effortless boho beauty. With the right mix of styling and confidence, you will soon be a boho beauty queen. So, be creative, be confident, and be boho chic!