Celebrities are often praised for their creativity and style. As fashion trends come and go, their hairstyles remain iconic, being constantly revived and recreated. From classic updos to classic curls, Hollywood-inspired hairstyles have been reimagined and put on a whole new modern spin. Keep reading to discover how you can recreate these classic celeb looks that will never go out of style.
1. The Influence of Hollywood on Hairstyle Trends
Hollywood has undoubtedly been a major source of influence in hairstyle trends of the past decades. Many of the hairstyle trends that gained prominence in recent months, can be attributed to Hollywood’s red carpets and fashion events. In particular, the following hairstyles have been heavily influenced by popular actors and actresses alike.
- The Low Ponytail – The low ponytail is simple, yet still a classic. The style gained major attention when actresses like Angelina Jolie donned it as the perfect, sophisticated look.
- Bangs – Bangs have always been a part of the Hollywood look, and recently made a popular comeback. Now you can see celebrities like Jennifer Aniston and Hermione Granger sporting bangs with pride.
- High Ponytail – Stars like Zendaya, Selena Gomez, and Beyonce have been seen rocking a high ponytail on the red carpet, making this look a “go-to” hairstyle for many.
- Knot Updo – An updo knot is a beautiful, timeless hairstyle that has been used by a wide range of Hollywood stars. Hailee Steinfeld and Gigi Hadid have been seen rocking this style on the red carpets.
These different types of hairstyle trends, have been heavily influenced by stars of the entertainment industry. Whether it’s the low ponytail, bangs, high ponytail, or the knot updo, many stars have rocked them on the red carpet and made them look so fashionable – making it an instant hit among many.
The power of Hollywood and the beauty of these trends are undeniable, and continue to make a major impact on hairstyle trends around the world.
2. The Enduring Popularity of Iconic Celebrity Looks
It may be hard to believe, but some celebrity looks are just as popular today as when they first made their debut. Between classic ensemble choices and memorable red carpet moments, these timeless looks have become staples in popular culture.
Take Audrey Hepburn’s iconic ensemble in ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’, for example. Every now and then, it resurfaces as a captivating curiosity and symbol of classic style. From ripped jeans to bandana-style scarves, her wardrobe pieces can still be spotted on people of all ages.
Also embedded in the public’s memory is Princess Diana’s bold and daring style. Her bright colors and extravagant hats often commanded attention during her appearances. She made a statement with her wardrobe, and her style lives on in the choices of many modern fashion icons.
- Childish Gambino has been spotted wearing wristguards similar to ones Princess Diana rocked in the ’80s.
- Kim Kardashian often adds a classical touch with earrings and necklaces similar to the ones Diana wore.
- Rihanna harkens back to the princess’ daring wardrobe with sheer gowns.
It’s mesmerizing to see how these figures have inspired society to this day. Certainly, their styles have been immortalized in the minds of many and won’t be going away anytime soon.
3. How to Recreate Classic Hollywood Hairstyles Today
Creating the classic looks of Hollywood icons like Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn can be a timelessly classic look for any event. From the waves of Jean Harlow to the glossy up-do of Grace Kelly, these looks are some of the most iconic of all time. Lucky for us, they are just as shareable and timelessly classic as ever.
- Start With the Right Hair: Trying to recreate classic Hollywood styles means that you have to start with the right hair look. If you are not naturally blessed with thick cascading waves like Jean Harlow, you can use a curling iron to create those waves. With appropriate use of products, hairspray, setting lotion, or a volumizing mousse, you can make the curls more manageable. Doing this step will give the final desired style its strong foundation.
- Choose the Right Styling Product: If you are trying to recreate a vintage style, then you will need to choose a styling product that has a glamorous shine on the hair. Choose products such as oils, pomades, and waxes to give the hair a glossy look, as if it was taken right from the silver screen.
- Accessorize with Retro Prettiness: Finish with classic accessory pieces such as brooches, bows, barrettes, and headbands. Make your look pop with these classic pieces.
Finally, practice makes perfect. The best way to find out what works is to experiment. To really take your look to the next level, practice in front of a mirror. This allows you to see the different angles and how the lighting may change how the style looks. Creating classic Hollywood hair styles requires some practice, precision, and attention to detail. Thankfully, with a little patience and some quality products, you can recreate these classic looks at anytime for any occasion.
4. Complimenting Features and Reimagining Iconic Hollywood Hairstyles
As the world of fashion and style continues to evolve, one trend that has stood the test of time is reimagining iconic Hollywood hairstyles. From the classic choppy pixie cut to the always stylish, voluminous curls, you can’t go wrong with these iconic looks.
It’s understandable that many of us may be intimidated by the idea of reshaping our look, so why not make a statement while still showing off your own individual style? One of the easiest, most affordable ways to stand out without dramatically changing your appearance is to add a few new features that compliment your existing hairstyle. Get creative with a headband, clips, or a few extra highlights to really turn heads.
For those ready to make a bolder change, there are plenty of options. Get daring by going back to the retro glam of the late 60s and go for a Vidal Sassoon precision cut. Use soft pastel tones on a classic bob for a more modern, feminine feel. However you decide to alter your style, take a page out of Hollywood and you’ll be sure to make a statement.
- Accentuate Natural Hair: Break up long strands with a fun headband or add curls to straight hair with a few clips
- Precision Cut: Reshape your style with the classic Vidal Sassoon look
- Pastel Highlights: Give a contemporary spin on a classic bob with soft pastel tones
- Voluminous Curls: Go big with large, unruly curls
5. Renew Classic Looks with a Modern Twist
When it comes to fashion, it’s fun to stay on trend and keep up with the latest looks. But sometimes we forget about the old classics that look just as great today as they did long ago. Take a step back and incorporate timeless pieces into your wardrobe, but don’t be afraid to put your own modern twist on them! Here’s how:
- Invest in high-quality basics. Opt for comfortable, sustainable materials for pants, cardigans, tees, dresses, and skirts and buy classic colors like black, white, and navy that you can take through the season.
- Experiment with pairing modern items with classic pieces. With the right layering, you can incorporate long formal dresses, shirts, and tracksuits into your wardrobe, all while keeping a sophisticated and timeless look.
- Don’t be afraid to accessorize. Accessories can really give classic pieces a modern makeover. Try scarves, bows, hats, and earrings to bring trendy elements into vintage looks.
If you’re feeling bold, play around with unconventional shapes, fabrics, and colors that a classic look wouldn’t usually come with. Reach for a statement piece that mixes two styles in one and radiates a modern and classic feel at the same time.
The possibilities of incorporating old and new elements into your wardrobe are endless. Have fun with it and keep rocking classic looks with a modern twist!
For those looking to glam up their look, these Hollywood-inspired hairstyles provide the perfect dose of iconic glamour. So why not get inspired and pay homage to the greatest stars of Hollywood with an iconic celebrity look of your own?