Just in time for summer, achieve the perfect sun-kissed hairstyle with effortless beach waves. Whether you’re out to brunch, running errands, or headed out on vacation, a stylish sun-kissed look will easily have you looking fashionable and ready for fun in the sun. Read on to find out the tips and tricks for creating an effortlessly beautiful beach wave hairstyle!
1. Harnessing the Power of the Sun: Effortless Beach Wave Hairstyle
Summertime is the perfect opportunity to rock a classic beach wave hairstyle. With effortless styling and the sun’s warm rays, you have all the ingredients for beautiful, effortless waves.
To get a modern beach wave look, start by shampooing and conditioning your hair. For ease, try a mousse that is specifically designed to provide body and hold for lasting waves. You can also add a wave enhancing serum to give your locks an extra dose of hydration and nourishment.
Before you step out into the sun, it’s always best to give your hair an extra protective layer by applying a thick leave-in conditioner and a heat protectant product. This way, the sun won’t damage your gorgeous style.
Using a plain old brush or a wide-tooth comb, tease your hair into loose waves and separate each section for added texture. Next, head outside and enjoy the sun for a few minutes to help dry your hair. When the waves have chilled for about half an hour, spritz your hair with an alcohol-free hairspray to make sure they stay put.
- Shampoo and condition hair.
- Add a mousse and wave enhancing serum.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner and heat protectant.
- Tease hair into loose waves.
- Go outside and enjoy the sun.
- Spritz hair with an alcohol-free hairspray.
So, next time you need to get ready for a special occasion or just want to enhance your everyday ‘do, try harnessing the power of the sun for an effortless beach wave hairstyle and you won’t be disappointed.
2. The Foundational Tools: Prepping Hair for a Salty Mane
When it comes to achieving a salty mane, the preparation is key. You want to make sure you have the right tools– and knowledge – to make your look stand out.
The Wash: Start by preparing with a thorough cleansing with a high-quality, sulfate-free shampoo. Make sure your hair is free from all oils, dirt, product buildup, and other impurities. A pre-shampoo conditioning treatment might be beneficial.
The Brush: To achieve the perfect, voluminous look, use a brush with boar bristles and a combination of short and long bristles to make sure you are evenly distributing and detangling the hair. A brush with a blend of mixed and cut bristles help to lift the cuticle, leading to a smoother finish.
The Heat Tamer: To finish your prepping process, it’s important to protect your hair from heat damage. Use a protective styling spray or cream to protect your hair from heat styling, making sure to evenly distribute a generous amount.
- Choose a sulfate-free shampoo to cleanse the hair.
- Use a brush with boar bristle to detangle and lift the cuticle.
- Spray a protective styling product to prevent heat damage.
By taking the time to properly prep your hair, you are ensuring that your salty mane look will be on-point. With the right tools and the right technique, you’ll have a stylish, voluminous look that’s sure to impress.
3. Beachy Bliss: Crafting a Textured Look
Create a Seascape Effect
Embrace a bit of beachy bliss in any room by creating a textured, seascape effect. This casual, comfortable look is perfect for family rooms, dens, and living rooms. Start with a sea-inspired wall color such as a frosted turquoise or a sandy beige. Then, layer on texture with these items:
- Fluffy, beach-textured rugs.
- Wooden shutters painted in an aged, seaside-style.
- Boat-themed wall art and decorative picture frames.
- White, navy, and sea-green pillows with linen accents.
- Worn, white-washed furniture with feminine curves.
For a final touch, scatter a few small, driftwood-inspired pieces around the room. These can be found online or at beachside stores. Fill a shelf with a collection of bottles dipped in rope, or add a handmade wreath made of boats. These touches add to the charm and bring a bit of beachy bliss into your room.
4. Sprinkle in the Finishing Touches: Adding Shine & Movement
Making your design come to life means adding those extra elements that bring it to the next level of texture, depth and vibrancy. Taking the time to find the appropriate finishing touches will give your design the attention to detail it needs.
Choose the right textures: Texture is an important asset to your design. There are variety of subtle textures that can be layered beneath your design to give it a richness and depth.
- Metal patterns, grunge textures, fabric patterns and foliage can be used to give a unique look.
- Choose which type of textures suit the design and layering the textures until you achieve the desired look.
Create movement: Using geometric shapes, lighting effects, and perfectly placed shadows can add movement to your design.
- Adding flash lights, smoke, and lens flares can bring a certain dynamic to your design.
- Adding shadows to layered elements can give your design dimension and depth.
Nobody likes a flat design; take the time to introduce the appropriate visual elements to make your design come alive.
5. Sail Away into Summer: The Perfect Beach Wave Look
Make your look stand out this summer with beach waves! It’s a classic look that never goes out of style and is perfect for days spent on the beach. Here are five simple steps to achieve the perfect beach wave look:
- Prep – Apply a leave-in conditioner to damp hair for extra moisture and shine. Detangle any knots and brush through with a wide-tooth comb. Then, spritz the hair with a salt spray from root to tip.
- Part – Use a rat-tail comb to create side-swept parts, adding a slight zig-zag shape to the part for a more natural, beach-ready wave.
- Divide – Separate your hair into four sections by parting your hair at the nape of the neck and then separating the top section into two.
- Braid – Starting at the front of the head, begin braiding each section in a standard three-strand braid. Keep the braids fairly loose to allow the hair to move while you curl it.
- Curl – Secure each braid with an elastic band and then begin to curl. To get the perfect beach waves, use a conical curling wand to wrap sections of hair around the wand, starting at the mid-shaft and ending at the tip.
When the entire head is curled, remove each braid, separate the curls into sections with your fingers and you’re all set! Give the waves a spritz with hairspray to keep them in place and you’re ready to sail away into summer with the perfect beach wave look.
Tousled beach waves evoke a sense of paradise and bliss. Whether you choose to recreate the look yourself or just find new ways to embrace your hair’s natural waves, this guide has offered the insight you need to achieve effortless sun-kissed locks. With the right styling techniques, you can bring the serenity of the beach to every day.